Alberta High Performance Eventing Program
The AHTA is very proud to announce that it is beginning the tenth year of the High Performance Eventing Program. This program is funded jointly through a generous grant from Alberta Sport Connection, and the AHTA; in association with the Alberta Equestrian Federation.
The High Performance (HP) Eventing Program is aimed at identifying and developing Alberta riders, horses and coaches. Riders on the High Performance List are invited to participate in the program for the following season.
As far as we are aware, this is the only such program for eventers in Canada. The purpose of the program is to help to support and develop the top Alberta eventers through regular clinics with top clinicians. In 2016, our clinicians included James Alliston, Rebecca Lee, Samantha Balogh, Gary Brewster, Leahona Rowland and Ozzie Sawicki. Our Coach/Consultant is Lynda Ramsay.
The High Performance Coach/Consultant for 2017 is Leahona Rowland.
CRITERIA FOR ACTIVE HIGH PERFORMANCE MEMBERS
For 2017, selection is based on the following criteria:
• Member in good standing of AHTA and 1 of the following;
• Successful completion of 1 or more Advanced or Intermediate FEI CCI or CIC competitions in the last 3 years
• Successful completion of 1 or more Advanced or Intermediate National Horse Trials in the past 3 years
• Successful completion of 1 or more Preliminary FEI CCI or CIC competitions in the past 3 years
• Successful completion of 3 or more Preliminary Horse Trials, each with FEI qualifying scores in the past 2 years
• Jr or YR: successful completion of any of the above or 4 or more Training level Horse Trials with National Qualifying scores and planning on competing at the North American Young Rider Championships **
• Special Circumstances: In special cases, an extension of one year will be considered for HP membership by the committee. Any member may apply, but a letter of explanation and justification should be delivered by November 15th by email to the HP Chair (Kathleen Ziegler email firstname.lastname@example.org)
**A letter of declaration of interest must have been submitted to the HP Chair, Kathleen Ziegler, no later than November 15, 2016. A letter of support from the rider’s coach was also required.
CRITERIA FOR ALUMNI HIGH PERFORMANCE MEMBERS
• Previous Canadian Team Members
• Previous HP members who meet the following:
o Active EC coach
o Active EC Official
This is a rider list, not a horse/rider combination list.
Please complete the Application Form and include your Training Plan and submit to Kathleen prior to November 15, 2016. The fee of $150 will be collected once funding has
been confirmed for the HP program.
** 2017 HP Application Form (pdf) **
CLINIC AND COMPETITION COACHING PARTICIPATION CRITERIA
• 1ST PRIORITY “Active” HP members on HP horses
• 2nd PRIORITY “Active” HP members on young horses
• Then, HP Alumni members
Clinic Participants are accepted on a “first paid-first in” basis.
The 2017 High Performance Riders: