1. Senior – Any person having reached the age of 18 years, as of January 1st of the current year, may apply for a Senior Membership in the Association and upon such application being accepted as hereafter provided, such person shall be a Senior Member of the Association. A Senior Member shall have all of the rights and privileges and shall be subject to all of the duties, obligations and liabilities as are usual in the case of a member of a similar association. A Senior Member is eligible for all Alberta Horse Trials Association (AHTA) activities and awards. Annual cost of this membership shall be determined by the Board prior to the commencement of the membership year.
Fee: Before March 31 …..$50.00 After…..$60
2. Junior – Any person not having reached his 18th birthday, as of January 1st of the current year, may apply for Junior Membership in the Association and upon such application being accepted as hereafter provided, such person shall be a Junior Member of the Association. A Junior Member shall have all of the rights and privileges of the Senior Member, except the right to be elected as a Director and to vote on money matters or amendments to the by-laws and shall be subject to all of the duties, obligations and liabilities of the Senior Member, except in the matter of Annual dues which shall be subject to the provisions hereafter set forth. A Junior Member is eligible for all AHTA activities and awards. Annual cost of this membership shall be determined by the Board prior to the commencement of the membership year.
Fee: Before March 31 …..$40.00 After...... $50
3. Family – Members of an immediate family, which includes up to 2 Senior Members and children not having reached their 18th birthday as of January 1st of the current year, may apply for a Family Membership in the Association. Family Membership shall have all of the rights and privileges of Senior Members, but shall carry two votes if two members are in attendance. All members in this category are eligible for all AHTA activities and awards. The annual cost of this membership shall be determined by the Board prior to the commencement of the membership year.
Fee: Before March 31 …$100.00 After.....$120
4. Associate / Non Competitive – Any person, association, club or organizing committee may apply for associate membership. Associate members are non-competitor members. No voting privileges. An omnibus can be purchase through Equine Canada. The annual cost of membership shall be determined by the Board prior to the commencement of the membership year.
Fee: $30 (not available online)
5. Pony Club/4-H Promotion (requires separate form to be filled out - not available online) Free (can only be used once then must upgrade to full membership)
IT IS ALWAYS UP TO THE INDIVIDUAL COMPETITOR TO ENSURE THAT THEY AND THEIR HORSE HAVE THE PROPER DOCUMENTATION BEFORE ENTERING AN EVENT.
Membership Quick Reference Guide
|EC Sports License
With Canadian Eventing Add on
|Yes- Bronze||Yes- Silver||Yes – Gold|
It is Strongly Recommended that Memberships be purchased Online
as an ‘Add-On’ to your Alberta Equestrian Federation (AEF) membership at
An Alberta Equestrian Federation (AEF) membership is required for any AHTA Competitions and for any AHTA clinics. The AEF includes your liability insurance.
You must obtain your AEF membership before you will be able to renew your EC membership. So it is probably best to start with your AEF and AHTA memberships.
From the AEF site http:// www.albertaequestrian.com/ Memberships you can purchase online both your AEF membership and your AHTA membership. It will prompt you through your AEF membership process, then ask if you want to add another membership, you can then add the AHTA membership at that time. The AHTA membership will also show up on your card when you print it. It will not show your AHTA number, just the fact that you have a membership.You will receive an email from the AHTA with your number at a later date.
If you have already renewed your AEF, you can go back into the AEF site and add your AHTA membership to your AEF membership. At this time, it doesn't show that you've added something until you get to the final 'shopping cart' screen, but just keep clicking through and it should show up in the cart.
You can then log in to the Equine Canada Membership site and purchase your EC membership and add your Sport License as required and your Eventing Canada membership.
If you need to use paper membership forms, please mail to:
AHTA Membership Secretary
23 - 38440 Range Rd 284
Red Deer County, AB T4S 2E2
Amateur – please refer to Equine Canada Rule Book for complete definition
May NOT accept remuneration for training/coaching/riding
May NOT show for remuneration
May NOT accept commissions
May NOT receive sponsorship without EC approval
May NOT be associated with advertising without approval from EC
Newcomer – May not have competed in horse trials in the last 5 years
Full Membership Benefits:
Communication from AHTA Board via Newsletter/Website/and Email
Eligibility for AHTA Clinics
Eligibility for Year-end Awards and applicable competitor subsidies
Medical Armbands can be obtained from Equine Canada (no longer available through AHTA)
X-Country Pinny may be available for purchase at Event Venue office depending on supply - please confirm before competition.
And now that your wallet is a little lighter . . . you are ready to go eventing!
Contact Aislyn Havell - email: email@example.com should you have any membership questions.